Thursday, April 23, 2015

Disco Dust

People are always debating if Disco Dust is safe or if it's edible. But, What is disco dust?
 Disco Dust is an extra fine glitter with lots of sparkle.  It was developed for the craft industry and often used on display cakes. Disco Dust contains only ingredients that are NON-Toxic.  This dust is not FDA approved, it is not a food product and should not be considered as such but again: It's NON-Toxic.

So, the question is: Should we use it or should we don't?  Many use disco dust to decorate their cakes, cupcakes, cookies, cake balls or cake pops.  I've never heard of anyone getting sick for eating something with Disco Dust on it. So the answer will be: whatever you and/or your customer decide.
Here some examples on how Disco Dust has been used by bakers.

Disco dust has the largest grains of all the dusts, and can be compared in size to pieces of glitter. Disco dust is not subtle, so it works best on pieces that should "pop" and sparkle with a glittery finish .

You can find disco dust at our online shop.

1 comment:

  1. It's not a "choice" by the baker, or client, to adulterate food with plastic craft glitter.

    The FDA says that plastic disco dust is NOT an approved additive to food. That's straight forward and easy to understand.

    I would think that a business would want it's clients to use a product appropriately. Encouraging inappropriate use would certainly be an issue should someone take legal action. The supplier would have the deepest pockets and defending oneself is very expensive......

    The wholesale suppliers of disco dust will gladly tell you that it's plastic craft glitter and that IT'S NOT TO BE USED ON FOOD---EVER!!!